My Chocolate Donuts have been really popular in my classes and workshops!
I literally made 10 recipes to develop these vegan gluten free donuts to achieve the perfect texture. Imagine the Hershey’s Chocolate Cake we all loved growing up? Does a Devil’s Food Cake ring a bell?
Well I tried the vegan chocolate donuts from Mr Natural in Austin at Flat Track one of my favorite Coffee Shops and I fell madly in love with them. The moist, spongy texture and the dreamy glaze blew me away. I just wanted to make something similar with great ingredients. I hope you love them as much as me, my husband and everyone who tried them. Remember to share your creations with me on Instagram and tag me @chefvanessamusi so I can share them!
So many of you have asked me to share more Thermomix recipes so here is one I adore!
Also I recommend this pastry bag to fill your donuts. Definitely get my favorite cocoa for best results.
Please note these are NOT my #keto donuts (those I only share in my workshops).
- 70 gr avocado oil or coconut oil, organic, refined and melted (must be warm)
- 112 ml Forager Project cashew milk (or any vegan unsweetened milk)
- 112 ml Forager Project sour cream (or any vegan unsweetened yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar such as Braggs
- 126 gr coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 168 gr gluten free flour Bobs Red Mill 1: 1 (blue label only)
- 28 gr vegan cocoa (I love Santa Barbara Chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon gluten free, aluminum free baking powder (at high altitude use ½ teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (at high altitude use ¼ teaspoon)
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 56 gr finely chopped 72% organic chocolate Santa Barbara: use code CHEFVANESSA to get 10 % off (I chopped mine in Thermomix at speed 8 for 1 min to chop really finely)
- Prepare a donut pan: I use a silicon mold (place this on a perforated tray). Preheat oven to 350 C/170 C.
- In the bowl of your Thermomix: mix at speed 2 combine the Forager Project cashew milk, Forager Project sour cream and apple cider vinegar. Add coconut sugar, vanilla, oil and mix 30 seconds at speed 4.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix 20 seconds at speed 5. Scrape the bowl with the spatula.
- Add chopped chocolate and mix 10 seconds speed 3. Put batter into a pastry bag.
- Put the batter into the prepared donut pan filling the donuts ⅔ full and bake 12 minutes aprox (or until a toothpick comes out clean) in a convection oven. Take out and let cool. Un mold, cool, freeze (so it’s easier to glaze) and decorate with chocolate glaze:
⅛ cup Santa Barbara vegan cocoa
½ teaspoon vanilla
60 gr 70 % chocolate chopped in Thermomix
3 tablespoons water
Melt everything in the your Thermomix at 60 C and mix until combined at speed 1 until shiny.