When I discovered Stir sweetener my baking life literally changed. I was scrolling through Instagram and I found Stir by chance, I was immediately drawn to the brand, LA look and the ingredient list. It was just what I was looking for: a natural sweetener with benefits: coconut sugar + prebiotic fiber that lower the glycemic index. This sweetener has been my favorite for a long time and it bakes so well! It is a perfect 1:1 substitution to sugar by volume not by weight. I loved Stir from the moment we met but even more awesome was meeting Leila the owner who besides being lovely (and gorgeous!) is also a foodie and a great baker and she shared with me her life changing chocolate chip cookie recipe made with Stir (grab that recipe on her Instagram account) which I immediately ran home to make (I just substituted flour for spelt flour). It then became my go to chocolate chip recipe and since I have been baking many paleo recipes I converted it to make these paleo chocolate chip cookies.
Use the best chocolate and ghee for this recipe! They taste better freshly made! Check out my YouTube video here:
- 75 gr cassava flour I love Ottos Cassava flour
- 30 gr almond flour I use the one from Costco)
- 34 gr arrowroot
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda at high altitude use ⅛ teaspoon
- ½ cup ( 112 gr) ghee, room temperature (make sure ghee is not too soft) I love Bulletproof or Tin Star Foods
- 1 cup Stir Sweetener
- ½ teaspoon himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, organic, pasture raised, at room temperature
- ¾ cup 70 % chocolate chopped into chunks such as Guittard, Valrhona or Cemoi (if you freeze the chocolate chunks before baking it helps these retain their shape)
- Pinch of Maldon Salt to sprinkle on every cookie before baking
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Prepare a baking tray with a Silpat (silicon liner). In a large bowl mix ghee + Stir with a whisk by hand until well combined.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and mix until incorporated. Combine dry ingredients: flours, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Whisk together until blended. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture on low until blended. Don’t over mix.
- Add in chocolate chunks and mix. Shape cookies with a #24 scoop. Drop onto a cookie sheet lined with a Silpat. Refrigerate for about 10 mins. Bake 7-8 min for chewy cookies, 9-10 min for crisp cookies. Remove from oven and cool for 10 min on the hot cookie sheet. Remove and place cookies onto cooling racks or perforated baking trays to cool completely.
- You can make half the recipe perfectly well.