These brownies are amazing!
You know when you hit a pot of gold? That is what I felt creating these from scratch. I wanted to develop a chewy (better than boxed brownie) that has a crackly top and is wholesome and #lowsugar, using only premium ingredients.
I literally made hundreds of brownie recipes to develop these.
Note: These brownies are about 1 inch thick, I suggest you get the ⅛ baking tray which is lovely to bake with you can find it on Amazon.
- 95 gr organic coconut oil, melted and warm
- 1 cup STIR Sweetener or coconut sugar
- 5 tablespoons/ 40 gr raw cacao powder (I love Viva Naturals) or dutch process European cocoa such as Republica Del Cacao (I personally love using half raw cacao and half dutch process cocoa
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons or 10 gr vanilla
- 1 ½ eggs, pasture raised, organic (to do this crack an egg, mix well and use only half and add the other whole egg/ the total weight is 83 gr
- 53 gr Gluten Free Flour (see my recipe below) or use spelt flour if you are not #glutenfree
- ¼ cup 71% chocolate, chopped (I love and use Republica del Cacao) you could also use pecans or toasted walnuts
- Pinch of Maldon Salt to sprinkle on top
- Lightly grease an ⅛ baking tray or an 8 inch square brownie pan with parchment paper.
- Pre-heat oven to 345 F.
- Melt oil in microwave or in a pot. Pour into a large bowl, add Stir Sweetener, mix with a whisk by hand (mixture will look very dry and crumbly (don’t worry). Add egg + vanilla, mix well. Add sifted cocoa or cacao with salt and flour. Mix until combined. Batter will be quite thick. With a rubber spatula fold in half of the chocolate chunks (reserve the rest to sprinkle on top). Put batter onto the prepared tray. With an offset metal spatula level the surface. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate and sprinkle the Maldon Salt on top.
- Bake for about 15 mins (in convection oven/ normal ovens take a bit longer and please note: baking times vary depending on your oven, pan, cocoa or flour used), check with a toothpick: it should come out with a moist crumb, never dry or too wet. Note: brownies will set as they cool.
- Remove from oven and cool for 1 hour.
- Remove brownies from pan by lifting the paper.
- Cut into 9 or 12 pieces with a sharp chef's knife or serrated knife.
- Brownies keep stored in a plastic container such as a recycled washed salad container for about 3 days optimally. Or freeze for longer shelf life.
¾ cup brown rice flour must be superfine (I use Bobs Red Mill)
¼ cup potato starch
⅛ cup white rice flour must be superfine (I use Bobs Red Mill)
⅛ cup tapioca starch