Father’s Day is here!
If my Father could eat I am sure he would love this recipe as much as I adore it! My Father has had diabetes for years and he is fed through his stomach because he can’t swallow. It has been devastating and one of the hardest things I have been though and we have as a family, I cannot imagine how he feels. So I made this cake in his honor and because it is also my husband’s favorite. When Santa Barbara Chocolate asked me to make a recipe for them using their 72% chocolate I immediately thought of this killer vegan chocolate cake which I have also made #glutenfree and #wholegrain. I love Santa Barbara Chocolate products and I am featuring their 72% chocolate which is organic, soy free and super creamy and comes in callets! I use it in all my #paleo recipes. They also make the best cocoa in the planet seriously. Use code: CHEFVANESSA to get 10 % off any of their amazing products.
Such a simple and elegant recipe, low in sugar, great texture and a crowd pleaser. I have made it 4 times in 4 weeks, I love it that much. Plus I get to use all my favorite ingredients from Santa Barbara Chocolate one of my all time favorite brands.
Huge thanks to Santa Barbara Chocolate for sponsoring this post, and thank you all for supporting the brands I love. All opinions are my own. #sponsored
This recipe is adapted from Thermomix and I have given it my twist. If you are vegan and #glutenfree and #nutfree this is a great recipe! It would also make great cupcakes! You can also make a smaller cake and bake it into 2 layers and fill with raspberry jam or drizzle with my new nutella
As usual, I recommend you scale this recipe BEFORE making it: a great mise en place makes a successful recipe. Use the scale I recommend.
Be sure to get your Thermomix to make this killer recipe! And definitely get the new Thermomix TM6
- 70 gr avocado oil (I use Ahuacatlan in Mexico and Chosen Foods in the US)
- 224 ml almond milk, unsweetened (for #nutfree use coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar such as Braggs
- 126 gr coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 168 gr organic flour or gluten free flour Bobs Red Mill 1: 1 (blue label only) or spelt flour (same amounts)
- 28 gr vegan cocoa Santa Barbara: use code CHEFVANESSA to get 10 % off
- 1 teaspoon gluten free, aluminum free baking powder (at high altitude use ½ teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (at high altitude use ¼ teaspoon) I use Bobs Red Mill
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 56 gr chopped 72% organic chocolate Santa Barbara: use code CHEFVANESSA to get 10 % off
- 112 gr 72% chocolate Santa Barbara use code CHEFVANESSA to get 10 % off
- 52 gr almond milk, unsweetened (for #nutfree use coconut milk)
- 14 gr pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Prepare Cake: grease and line the base of a 9 inch cake pan. Preheat oven to 350 F (170 F).
- Put the almond milk and apple cider vinegar in the Thermomix and mix 1 min at speed 1. Rest 5 mins.
- Add coconut sugar, vanilla, oil and mix 30 seconds at speed 4.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix 20 seconds at speed 5. Scrape the bowl with the spatula.
- Add chocolate and mix 10 seconds speed 3.
- Empty the batter into the prepared pan and bake 30 minutes aprox (or until a toothpick comes out clean). Take out and let cool. Un mold Cool and decorate with chocolate ganache.
- Once cake is cool: Prepare Ganache: Put the chocolate in the Thermomix and process until finely grinding at speed 10 for 10 seconds.
- Scrape the bowl and add milk and maple syrup and cook 2 mins at 55 C speed 2.
- Remove and let cool slightly. Put the ganache onto the cold cake. Decorate with cocoa nibs and roasted peeled and chopped hazelnuts.