These BROWNIES!! OMG..
Yes I know all bakers have a claim to fame brownie recipe and honestly these have gotten raving reviews so much so that I almost didn’t want to share it. But I am a pastry chef instructor and sharing has always been my core value.
These new brownies are a killer recipe. Really. It’s not an understatement. They are chewy, perfectly balanced, not too sweet, so easy to make. And these are made with coconut sugar. AND you can get all the ingredients in most super markets! They are my husband’s favorites and when he wants a special treat, I make them for him.
So what is GREAT about this recipe (which took a LOT of recipe development): 1. They are CHEWY a must in brownies 2. They have a crackly top 3. They are super versatile: you can add any topping and they are fantastic 4. They are #grainfree #paleo and MEMORABLE!
Toppings I love: Jacobsen sea salt flakes, chopped almonds, hazelnuts, chopped pecans, walnuts, chocolate chunks, halva, tahini, almond butter. Add after baking: chocolate date spread from The Date Lady Eating evolved liquid chocolate, hazelnut superfood spread from Saraispreads
I am loving Cemoi chocolate (which is one of the only soy free chocolates in the chocolate industry).
I hope you make them and love them as much as I do! Please share your creations with me and tag me on Instagram
Please note: some ingredients have been sponsored, some might be affiliate links.
- 140 gr chocolate such as Cemoi 70 %, chopped and melted
- 75 gr coconut oil (organic), melted (use refined coconut oil for a flavorless oil option)
- 2 organic pasture raised Vital Farms eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 55 gr fine blanched almond flour
- 40 gr cassava flour (I used Otto's Cassava flour)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda (at high altitude use ⅛ teaspoon)
- ¼ cup chocolate 71 % chopped to add in batter (I used Cemoi)
- Prepare an ⅛ baking pan (find these on Amazon): grease pan with coconut spray, line with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 345 F (170 C)
- In a large bowl by hand with a whisk or in your KitchenAid Mini Mixer: with a whisk attachment: mix eggs, vanilla, coconut sugar until combined. No need to mix a lot.
- Add melted coconut oil and mix. Add melted warm chocolate and mix.
- Add flours, salt and baking soda. Mix additional chopped chocolate and put into prepared pan. Level surface with a spatula. Bake for about 26 mins until toothpick comes out with a very moist crumb (it must not be wet or dry). Baking time depends on your oven and pan. Cool for several hours, carefully remove from pan and cut into 9 pieces.